Wednesday, October 7, 2009

14 1/2 weeks

I went to my Drs. appointment today expecting just to be able to hear my baby's heartbeat and find out I get to have a free 3D ultrasound too. This is the 2nd free ultrasound I have gotten so far. The office that I am at is in the process of purchasing new equipment, and lucky me, I've been able to help them test it out! The baby is still really small, being just 14 1/2 weeks, and so the images aren't as good as some 3D ultrasound pictures I've seen, but they still look pretty good. I tried to scan them but my scanner isn't working:(. It was really fun to see the baby, it was snuggled up with it's head buried into my placenta like it was using it as a big pillow. Every once in a while it would turn its head towards us. I think it was afraid. :)
I'm still wondering, if it hadn't been hiding, if it would have been too soon to tell the sex? That would have been fun, but I only have one more month to wait! What do you think it will be?
Other pregnancy news, the morning sickness is gone:) and I am feeling great! I have finally been able to start working out, and while I am extremely sore from an almost 2 month break of not lifting, it feels so good. My goal this pregnancy is to gain under 30lbs. I don't know if that's a realistic goal, since I tend to put on a lot of wt, but I am going to try my hardest! At 14 1/2 weeks I still weight less than I did with Josh at my 10 week, so that's good. :)

3 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

I've been able to not gain a ton of weight by remember that I really only need an extra small meal a day to get the needed calories. Also, the being sick forever helped too! I'm sure you'll do fine. Also, some of your weight may be water. I've learned that eating a ton of protein (80-100 grams a day) helps you keep the water weight off and the baby needs a lot of protein anyways.

Anonymous said...

You can totally do it! I only gained 25 pounds this pregnancy and I feel so good now. I only have like 7 lbs. to lose to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight...that is amazing because I didn't weigh what I do now after Lilly until she was like 8-9 months...you can do it!!!! You started out this pregnancy at what 115 I'm guessing? 110? You are so little tiny. I want to see those 3D pictures. I think you are having a GIRL!!!!

Jill and Lonnie said...

I think you are having a girl! You will do fine with the weight . . . I think 30lbs is totally reasonable. I think there is a guide on line that says about how much is good to gain in the first trimester and then how to monitor it the rest of the pregnancy. It helped me because if I saw a big jump one week I would work harder to control myself the following week. Good luck!