Tuesday, March 23, 2010

He's here!!

Baby # 3 was set to arrive tomorrow at 12:30 pm via c-section, but he had other plans. Last night, around 10:30pm my water broke, with no signs of labor leading up to it. Shortly after it broke, labor started hard with contractions 4-5 minutes apart. I decided to take my time getting to the hospital, shower, and get last mintute things packed. By 12:30, things were speeding up with contraction 1 1/2-3 min apart, so I woke up Scott and told we should probably head out. So we made the 40 min trip to the tricites, dropped off the boys with scotts parents and made it to the hospital close to 2am. When we got there I couldn't even walk the contractions were so close. A nurse checks me, I'm 8cm. At that point my body is wanting to push and I'm trying not too, not fun to do! The dr on call was completely ok with my trying a Vbac, he actually seemed excited about it! So less then an hour and a half later, probably only 30 min of pushing (with absolutely no drugs, epideral, or anything) I had a baby in my arms. Andrew Collins Forsyth was born at 3:23am on 3/23 weighing 7lbs 4 oz and19.5 in long. I am still amazed by the whole thing, it seems like a dream to me. I feel so good, I can walk, laugh, eat, and carry things with out being in pain. I am amazed by my body, which I thought was unable to give birth vaginally. It was a very empowering expirence! Pictures will come soon when I get home from the hospital.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures. Hope you are doing well!

Rich, Britt, Nate, and Tate said...

Holy Cow!!! Congrats!!! I am so glad that everything went well with the delivery.

DJ and Melissa said...

AWESOME! It is an empowering feeling, especially without an epidural. The female body is truly amazing. What a blessing to have everything go so smoothly. Can't wait for pics!

Clyde Family said...

That is awesome. It is totally different i know. not that i got a baby out of the c-section surgery i had but i do feel bad for the people who have to have them. Congrats..

PROUD MOMMY said...

Congratulations to all of you Jessica! So happy to hear it turned out so well for you.

Julie said...

I love Dr O!!! He is so great. I am so happy for you and it is such a great things huh? Not that the other deleveries aren't special but this was is just so much better huh? Congrats!

Child of God said...

Jess I just read this post, and I am so happy that things worked out this way for you. That was amazing! All that worry and fear and anger and see how things turned out in the end. Truly and awesome experience. Congrats.