Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Family Update

Andrew turned 6 months on September 23rd.  He weighed 18 lbs 6.5 oz at his Drs appt.  His weight has gone down from the 90th percentile to about the 60th.  He is sitting up like a pro, and scoots and rolls all over the place.  He is a lot less cranky now that he is able to get around on his own a little.  He has his first two teeth that have just barely broken through the surface. I cant believe how quickly it's gone by.  
Also in September, I turned 26!! Why that seems old to me...I don't know! This is the cake Jackson decorated for me...don't you love it? :)  For my birthday Scott got me a 50mm f/1.4 lens for my Nikon, and I love it! 

The depth of field in these pics is amazing!! And check out this one...
This was taken at night, no flash, and only our porch light was on.  It's crazy how much light the lens is able to let in, its like glow in the dark! 


Jackson aslo started preschool last month, and he is loving it!
 This is his 1st day...he was so nervous, and did not want me to leave!
And poor Josh...this is how he is every time we drop off Jackson.  He does not like to leave his brother!  It's so sad!  I've been trying to take him to the park or do something fun with him while Jackson's gone.  I think that helps a little. 
Scott has been very busy coaching football. He loves it and the kids love him!  He is so good at coaching, and teaching.  I still think he needs to take those last few credits to get his teaching degree because he'd be so good at it.

He's such a handsome man! 

And here is my current obsession while Scott has been busy with coaching football...

I've been wanting to learn how to crochet for a long time, and have unsuccessfully attempted a few times.  Reading directions and looking at pictures was way to hard for me.  This time I turned to YouTube, and was able to figure it out!  Now I've become obsessed! ;) I have make tons of hats and lots of cute flowers.  Scott keeps asking me what I'm going to do with all of them...and well, I don't know yet. I made a couple for my nieces for Christmas (they aren't pictured) and Im sure I'll find homes for the others.


5 comments:

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

you have GOT to teach me how to make those hats! i love them, seriously please teach me!

CarrieAnne said...

Seriously Jess...you are my hero. You take pictures like a pro, you make amazingly cute hats, cards and so much more and you have 3 little boys! I just adore you!

Rich, Britt, Nate, and Tate said...

yes I want you to teach me too before the end of next month.

Child of God said...

I love the hats. I am going to do exactly the same by going on YouTube. I've been wanting to make the kind that have a brim. Also I turn 26 this month. Crazy, sometimes I forget how paralleled our lives our. And I can completely see Scott rocking at coaching little kiddos.

Child Family said...

I think you should sell them at a childrens boutique or on line at esty! They are super cute!